Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The new guild and I !

So last time I had mentioned that I had joined smashing and we had done a pretty good first half of Kara. Well we went back in on Sunday and Finished up all but the 2 dragons. We managed to one-shot everything except prince. Prince on the other hand just gave us fits. We weren't lacking DPS/Healing/tanking. We just couldn't get it right. Had a series of bad infernal drops, then the tank got hit with a nasty series of hits wiped out 14k health in less than a second. I volunteered to call out the infenal drops and move the raid as needed. I'd like to think I was doing a good job. But, admittedly there were a few mistakes. I called for the tank to move left and he moved right. I called for the raid to move right, when I should have moved them left. But eventually, the raid leader switched out for his warrior and it all came together. We downed him on the 5th or 6th attempt. He dropped the T4 helm for hunters/mages/warlocks. And I won it. My first piece of T4.

Tuesday, we started with a fresh Kara and cleared up to Curator. We had a good time. One shot almost everthing. Nightbane and Opera: Romeo and Julliene gaves a some heartburn but we got them. This was my first real attempt at Nightbane, and I died twice on the final attempt. I didn't realize on the first attempt that when he went airborne everyone needed to group up closely. I died fairly quickly, lol. On the last attempt I was grouped up, but was taking a butt-load of damage. I'm gonna have to read up on the fight to understand it a bit more.

Romeo and Julliene took us 2 tries to get. We had a rogue that was new to kara with us and he was a bit slow to interrupt her heals. But after the wipe and res, we tried it again and it went flawlessly. We pressed on to Curator and one-shot his mechanical butt. And once again the T4 token I needed dropped. I was the only one to roll on it.

Let me mention something about smashing. This guild is great. The guildies are sooo helpful and nice. Almsot to a fault. The hunter didnt' want to roll on the T4 because he got the boots offa Nightbane. The other 2 warlocks didn't want to roll because the each had recieved a belt during the run. Pel got the trash drop fire belt. And Supa got the belt from Moroes. The raid leader Xess tried talking them into rolling, and I said I didn't mind if they rolled as I already had epic gloves and we just dont' see non-pally tokens drop much. But they deferred and so now I have the 2-pc set bonus from T4. However, I dont' think I'll actually be wearing it much yet. When I equip it I lose a little +dam, which i'm not really worried about. What i'm actually worried about is dropping from my admittedly miserable 112 +spell hit down to 86 +spell hit. That really hurts. Granted, I'm an affliction lock with 5/5 suppression, but I don't really wear the +hit to help out my dots. I wear it so my SB's will hit. Even with 112 +spell hit I get resisted/miss way more than I like to see on raid bosses. I've been meaning to try and improve it, but really haven't had the time to try and get the gear.

Ok enough about Bahzell's progress. Let me harp on my hunter Kosutic. She has finally gotten her epic flier and started on the Netherwing daily's to get her drake. Sunday night I talked a few friends into to making a trip to Dustwallow with me. I wanted to get that spectral wolf. Dancer hopped on his shammy to give me heroism. I got Ella to come on her pally for the concentration aura, because the first few attemps I kept getting interrupted. I had Hiramhold on his priest to come and MC the mob to summon the wolf. And Drowgon came on Illyriana his LW rogue to use the drums of battle. It took about an hour and a half or so and like 8 attempts, But we were successful. Kosutic now has a nice spectral wolf as a pet. Now for the annoying part, leveling it from 30 to 70. Oh and I took my wife's suggestion of a name and the wolf is now named Kotoruh. Which means Wicked Spirit in turkish. :)

Well that's it for now. Hopefully soon I'll actually do a helpful post. I've been thinking about doing a post about a pt. by pt. leveling talent guide, or least to level 20 or so. We'll see h0w it goes .

No comments: