Thursday, November 29, 2007

Smashing!

Hurray for Smashing!



I've finally been able to find a guild that raids in my new playtime. I was running a late night coalition of players on Rexxar. We were doin' pretty good. Went from a total PUG, to clearing to prince in the space of a month and a half or so. Then my job changed my schedule and I couldn't raid late at night anymore. And with the wifey getting angry if I tried to raid during prime time, I really didn't want to join a guild that raids prime-time. But there was a lack of guilds raiding in the late evenings. I'd notice the recruitment post for smashing for a few weeks. I had thought about it, then last week I decided, what the hell, and sent in an app and talked to one of the GM's.



Smashing only accepts people if everyone in the guild agrees. It's a fairly small, and tight knit group of people. They are pretty fun to hang out with. I got accepted on Sunday, and Tuesday night after the reset, I was asked if I wanted to go to Kara. Of course I accepted because I was eager to return to raiding and wanted to see how good I was going to fit in.



We were aiming to get at least thruogh to Shade. We got to Curator. Not bad though all the bosses were one-shots. The trash after the Opera was giving us some fits though. I don't know why, i've done that trash plenty of times and usually don't die when doing my AOE thing. The first pack, I'll admit I jumped the gun and started throwing out the seeds a little bit early. Of course, once the seeds ripened and exploded I pulled aggro and died fairly quickly. The MT( also raid leader) mentioned not seeding right off the bat. So the next pull I waited till he had sunders on at least 2-3 mobs. I think i waited like 6-7 seconds or so, then did my normal seed, tab, seed, tab routine. Again i pulled aggro from the first seed and died. The raid leader seemed rather upset with me over it. I told him I wasn't doing it on purpose, if I wanted to die, i'd stand in the middle and Hellfire. From that point I held waaay back and didn't try to seed again. The three pulls don't really require alot of AOE on them, so I tried to just focus fire, or cast rain of fire. That was really the only hiccup in the run that I saw. Overall I had fun and think I'm gonna fit in nicely!

No comments: