Thursday, November 1, 2007

Obligitory History Post - Pt 1

This is the obligatory history post.

I've been playing World of Warcraft since about 2 weeks after release. A bunch of co-workers kept talking about this new game. World of Warcraft. A new MMORPG. I'd never tried any MMO's before but i am a big fan of RPG's. And I absolutely loved Diablo I and II. One of them showed a guide book and I looked up some stuff online. I was hooked!

I read up on the classes and got hooked on the idea of the warlock. The whole enslaving Demons thing appealed to me. So I rolled a gnome warlock on the Feathermoon server to play with my co-workers. Got the lock up to 45 when my friends moved away and didn't seem to be on much anymore. I really didn't have much luck finding groups etc. So a few months later i notice they opened up a new server, Skywall. I figured great time for a fresh start on a brand new server. I created a second gnome warlock on Skywall, joined a decent starter guild and eventually made it to 60 and 8/8 Dreadmist (lol).

Then my work schedule began to go bonkers. I couldn't make raids, just PUG'd alot of instances and farmed. I was starting to get burnt out, whenBlizz decided to open up the first Oceanic servers. Yay, time for another fresh start! I was grouping with alot of Aussies anyway so I figured what the heck might as well try to level another toon on the Oceanic servers. So I created yet another gnome warlock on Khaz'Goroth. Got him to 60, and 7/8 Dreadmist. But my work schedule changed yet again. I couldn't make raids, etc. I really loved the game and wanted to play but with a shitty work schedule it was hard to really make any progress.

Then blizz came to the rescue yet again. They started offering server transfers from high-pop to low-pop/new servers. I heard from a co-worker that they were offering server transfers from Feathermoon/Suramar to a brand new server: Rexxar. His entire guild was transfering and he could get me into his guild if i tranfered my warlock there. So I figured sure thing, worth a shot. So i woke up the level 45 on Feathermoon and transferred him over to Rexxar. I got him to 60 in no time with the help of my friend and new guildies.

So there I was, 3 level 60 Gnome Warlocks. On three different servers, and still couldn't make any raids on either of them. But wow this has been longer than I anticipated so I think I'll cut it out for now. And tell the story of my hunter tomorrow.

No comments: